Sign Shop Foreman - ATLANTA
Lead Sign Fabricator and Installer / Sign Shop Foreman
Pinnacle 33 Signage Solutions, LLC
We are a small yet established architectural signage firm with an excellent reputation and established customer base. We are currently looking to hire a motivated and experienced Lead Sign Fabricator and Installer as we continue to position ourselves for growth and higher volumes.
Founded in 2010, our mission is to serve the Metro Atlanta business community with exceptional sign and lighting solutions by empowering our staff of talented professionals to help our clients exceed their goals on every project. If you are a hardworking, skilled tradesman with strong problem-solving skills, we encourage you to apply.
The Lead Sign Fabricator and Installer is a vital role at Pinnacle 33. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional quality and service, so we are looking for someone who has strong attention to detail in measurements and design specifics. Familiarity with custom build methods for the sign industry is required.
Sign Fabricators are responsible for conducting fabrication work as well as maintaining equipment, keeping work areas clean, and ensuring that safety standards are met at all times. Basic daily duties include positioning and fitting parts to weld, reading blueprints to fabricate parts accurately, performing welds, and operating other fabrication equipment. Other responsibilities for the Lead Sign Fabricator and Installer may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage in-house fabrication team and installers:
- Manages time for employees
- Ensure employees are in uniform
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas in-house and on job sites.
- Develop and manage daily production schedule
- Manage installation schedule for RPS projects
- Responsible for employee reviews and discipline action
- Create workflow plans for each project. Determine how to build, paint, etc.
- Identify and resolve any conflicts that impact production / installation
- Order appropriate amount of products / materials / supplies
- Support Operations Manager in managing the quality, maintenance and safety of Company assets and equipment.
- Ensure quality assurance for all projects
- Walk through / kick off
- Midpoint inspection
- End of installation quality check
- Support Operations Manager with production and job site safety.
- Exhibit exceptional service with each customer on jobsites and coach team members as well.
- Manage the fabrication and installation budget for projects
- Assist in installation of signs at customer job sites as needed
- Operate crane or fork lift for moving and positioning materials and supplies
Required Skills / Experience
This position is a leadership role for production. As a company representative to all team members, this individual must be able to listen and communicate appropriately in any situation. Must be capable of responding to production with very high sense of urgency.
- At least 10 years sign industry experience, with at least 5 years in a lead position
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as as a group
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety
- Basic computer skills and typing skills including the ability to work with Microsoft Office.
- Previous training, education and / or experience with structural steel, welding and grinding processes, sheet metal
- Ability to review designs and drawings
- Requires good judgment, ability to work with others and perform other tasks as assigned
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Experience operating a forklift
- Valid Georgia driver’s license and good driving record
Typically work hours are 7:00am – 4:00pm with the potential for overtime. The work environment may be dangerous due to the tools being used, but this risk may be largely mitigated by following strict safety standards. It is rare that any travel is required. This work may be based indoors or outdoors. Tolerance of extreme temperatures is usually required, as is the ability to lift weight up to 75 pounds and remain standing for long periods of time.
We offer competitive salary based on experience. Eligible employees are offered Health, Dental, Vision, as well as PTO and 401k. We require Employment Drug Screening and Background Check.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.