Sign Installer Wanted - Seattle Metro Area, WA
Signage Installation Technician
Joint Signarama, the world's largest signage and visual communications company! We are looking for a dynamic, self-starter for a full-time Production Specialist to serve the Greater Seattle Metro area (Seattle, Redmond, Bellevue, Kirkland, Sammamish, Issaquah). This job will be responsible for signage and wide-format vinyl installation and supporting the manufacturing and digital print production of signage projects including reviewing proofs, vinyl cutting, digital printing, fabrication, lamination, assembly and occasionally, support installation.
Successful candidates must posses strong organization skills, problem-solver, and knowledge in light construction tools (power tools, adhesives, tapes, fasteners) with a talented eye for great finishing. Experience in sign design and production is a definite plus.
Key Job Functions:
- Review and understand proofs and translating work orders into installation plans to securely and successfully install signage of various types, with a focus on wide-format vinyl (windows, walls, vehicles) installations.
- Managing inventory of installation supplies and submit requisitions for materials necessary for signage installations.
- Ability to manage and operate printers, plotters, laser engravers, routers and lamination equipment is a plus including print, mount, laminate, trim and finish various graphics and signage elements.
- Safely and effectively operate all sign production equipment including, but not limited to; vertical panel saw, power drills, jig saws, router, skill saw, and pop-torch, ladder, power lift.
- Correctly use all required software and hardware to design signage which meets customer requirements, including the loading of ink, maintenance of equipment necessary in the design process.
- Maintain a safe working environment by assuring all machinery is in proper working condition, the work area is kept clean and free of hazards and all required safety clothing and/or equipment is worn during the use of equipment required in the production of signs.
- Assure all customer files, including proofs and designs, are properly saved in the customer's designated computer file.
- As needed, support installation or oversee the installment of signage at the customer's place of work as required
- Train and supervise other Production & Install staff as needed.
- Maintain an organized, clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing.
- Must function as an effective team member.
- Provide backup for both phone and in-store customers inquiries as needed
Job Type: Full-time