Permit Coordinator in Tampa, Florida
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with planning/building departments and officials within those departments as the liaison between CSD and planning/building departments. (Multiple counties and jurisdictions involved)
• Knows and understands local sign codes as they pertain to our product(s) and willing to troubleshoot, challenge and dispute permits with issues.
• Represents CSD, as needed, in hearings with planning departments with variance applications.
• Prepares and submits applications to various agencies/boards having jurisdiction over required permits and/or approvals.
• Tracks permit progress through planning and building department and provides timely and accurate updates.
• Process and submit permit packages on a daily basis.
• Obtains permit and related documentation from municipality and distributes to project team while filing digital copies in corresponding project folder.
• Performs code checks and confirms any misleading code verbiage directly with the governing municipality.
Skills and Experience
• Ability to effectively speak to and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, jurisdictions and employees.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and comprehension skills is a must.
• Must be able to travel in state.
• Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Excel & Outlook
• Organized and detail-oriented with excellent planning skills
• Able to work independently under tight deadlines
Requirements for the position of Permit Coordinator
• 3-5 years of signage permitting experience
• Must possess a current valid driver's license, a reliable vehicle, and valid automobile Insurance.
• Must successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
• Must be willing to sign a Non-Compete agreement