Ramsay Signs, an established company with multiple satellite locations seeks a General Manager to be based out of our Portland headquarters.
The General Manager manages overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established in a manufacturing custom sign company. Ensures safe and efficient operations. Serves as a company representative on regulatory issues. Enhances the operational procedure, systems, and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting and looks for opportunities to expand systems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labor to revenues
- Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees
- With Human Resources recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; identify trends
- Meet or exceed operations labor budget expectations
- Knowledge of forecast requirements; participates with the annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Work closely with the management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures, and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
- Work closely with the production manager and team to perform analysis of our inventory and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data and reduce sub-rental expenses
- Communicate with legal counsel and safety department to ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel)
- Refined ability to delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to key personnel
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of key competencies, including conflict management, business negotiation, organization and decision-making
Please forward your resume to Melanie Gillis, HR Manager, email@example.com.