Estimator Position Available
Sign Estimator Job Description
February 6, 2019
Signworks, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Estimator to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years experience as a sign estimator.
Employee in this role will generate estimates for custom signs and installation for new and existing clients. You will develop and maintain relationships with equipment and material vendors. The ideal candidate will be organized, motivated and detail-oriented, with a desire to work in a friendly, team-oriented environment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Able to read construction plans/blueprints to develop cost estimates
- Experience in surveys
- Strong understanding of commercial construction processes
- Proficiency with MS Office skills
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Leadership abilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and evaluate cost estimates
- Evaluate the profitability and viability of a product or service
- Recommend cost-cutting methods to increase profitability
- Use computer software to prepare estimates and supporting documentation
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects
- Prepare estimates and purchase orders
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
- Understand scope of work to bid
- Manage bid pricing from all vendors
- Prepare cost analysis
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
This a full-time position, Signworks, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Signworks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.