We are currently seeking an experienced Estimator to join our team in High Springs, (Gainesville area) FL
Who we are:
ThemeWorks creates experiences to amaze, inspire, educate and enlighten. At ThemeWorks, we know that environment and visual impact is crucial to any one experience and we work tirelessly to create worlds that bring imagination to life and put creativity at the forefront. From theme parks to museums and sports venues across the globe, our technicians and artists carefully craft the physical elements that bring stories to life and engage the human spirit.
We are a diverse group, with stories and backgrounds as varied as our projects. We share a passion for creating, for building, for thinking, for finding solutions. We’re curious, hardworking and fun loving. We believe in the power of a team.
We are motivated by the reaction of others to our finished work. Seeing people smile, laugh or hug after experiencing one of our projects, reminds us that what we create remains an extension of our team identity and is a testament to our affection for our craft.
Since ThemeWorks was founded, we have sought out unique and challenging projects – from the world’s largest installation of a urethane rockwork system in a zoological facility to an interactive play structure inside of a forty-foot sculpture of a boy in a children’s museum. With each project, we’ve risen to and met the challenge through careful planning, creative solutions, and expert craftsmanship. While our projects are complex, challenging and demanding, they create a sense of accomplishment and pride for all on our team.
About the role:
The Estimator is responsible for preparing cost estimates and proposals for projects. This generally includes attending pre-bid meetings, developing fabrication strategies with the team, sourcing materials and subcontractor services, reviews with senior management and post-bid work including value-engineering. The majority of time will be spent creating estimates using computer based spreadsheets.
What you’ll do:
- Define the scope of the project based on bid documents and TWI core competencies
- Attend Bid meetings as required
- Develop fabrication strategies for project scope
- Solicit subcontractor and material supplier quotes
- Develop estimated project costs
- Prepare proposal
- Review estimates with Production Management, Estimating Manager and Senior Management
- Submit estimates, track and respond to post-bid questions from client
- Update internal team on status of project
- Assist in the development of ROM estimate budgets
- Assist in management of estimating bid tracking spreadsheets
- Lead Handoff meetings for awarded projects
- Develop improvements to estimating system
- Develop new subcontractor and material sources
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
- BA/BS Degree in Construction/Fabrication
- Construction and or exhibit fabrication experience, minimum 3-5 years
- Estimating experience for large multidiscipline projects and/or detailed fabrication, min 3-5 years
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic construction/ fabrication techniques
- Proficient in MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to read and understand conceptual renderings and drawings
- Well-developed analytical and conceptual skills
- Must have estimating experience in a related field- millwork, signage, etc.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be very organized, detail oriented, and meticulous
- Aptitude for learning
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation, commensurate with experience
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Opportunity for growth, learning
ThemeWorks is a drug free workplace.
ThemeWorks is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (386) 454-7500 or email@example.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.