Epson Debuts First Industrial Direct-to-Garment Printer
Epson (Long Beach, CA) has announced its first industrial direct-to-garment printer, the SureColor F3070.
Designed to provide low total cost of ownership and reliability for performance and savings in high-production print shop environments, the SureColor F3070 is Epson’s first direct-to-garment printer to leverage dual printhead technology and a bulk ink pack system, providing low ink cost and minimized waste compared to Epson cartridge systems, per the company.
The printer leverages a dual 2.6-inch PrecisionCore printhead for output at production speeds with one-pass printing for both color and white ink. Coupled with the first bulk ink system integrated into an Epson direct-to-garment printer, it is capable of housing 1.5 liters per color and 3.0 liters of white ink. The SureColor F3070 features a linear rail system and CNC milled print carriage, designed for years of production and features user serviceable parts, including printheads, and low maintenance time ideal for high production print on-demand service providers, fulfilment houses and in-house print on-demand production.
Additional features on the SureColor F3070 include the following, as per the company's statement:
- PrecisionCore Printhead Technology – Dual 10-channel printheads with 16,000 nozzles
- Bulk Ink System – Replaceable bulk ink packs for less frequent ink refilling and lower costs
- Direct-to-Garment Printing - Epson UltraChrome DG inks are durable, vibrant and safe, with outstanding color performance, plus equal pricing for color and white inks
- Automatic Printhead Adjustment – Optimized for garment thickness for improved print quality without user intervention
- Low Total Cost of Ownership – Low maintenance time and cost with dedicated cleaning solution channels and fabric head wiper system
- Fast Loading for More Productivity – Quick-load platen reduces traditional hoop platen load times
- Intuitive, Easy-to-Learn Workflow – Updated Epson Garment Creator Software, available for macOS and Windows, includes cost estimator, text tools, hot folders, and automation SDK
- Designed Exclusively for Direct-to-Garment Printing – An entirely purpose-built system featuring Epson’s PrecisionCore printhead, Epson UltraChrome DG ink system and robust hardware
- Scale Seamlessly – Scale production capability with additional printers featuring an easily repositionable compact design that operates on standard 120 V power
For more information, visit proimaging.epson.com.
Enhance your Signs of the Times reading experience by exploring our interactive digital edition. Receive it in your inbox by subscribing online.