Epson Adds New SureColor T-Series Printers
Epson America (Los Alamitos, CA) has announced a pair of additions to its SureColor T-Series wireless printers with integrated scanners: the 24-in. SureColor T3170M and 36-in. SureColor T5170M.
According to an Epson spokesperson, the SureColor T3170M and SureColor T5170M can be used for creating signage – particularly CDC signs – that can be propped up at restaurants and small shops. These new multifunction machines also scan blueprints and drawings, make large copies, share high-quality technical documents, and can “conveniently fit into modern work from home and small office environments allowing for seamless team collaboration across CAD, architecture, engineering, and corporate graphics workflows,” per a release.
The SureColor T3170M and SureColor T5170M have a variety of features intended to help create CAD, GIS, architectural, or engineering technical drawings, including:
- Ultra-fast Print Speeds – The SureColor T3170M and SureColor T5170M produce A1/D-size prints in as fast as 34 seconds and 31 seconds, respectively
- High-Detail Integrated Scanner – Easily scan and share documents; up to 600 dpi scanner with highlight detection to accurately scan annotated blueprints and drawings
- Compact, Clean Design – Sleek, compact design enhances workspaces
- Durable, Instant-Dry Prints – Archival-quality, all-pigment-based UltraChrome XD2 inks deliver brilliant color, crisp lines, and smudge and water-resistant prints
- Versatile Print Media Handling – The SureColor T3170M and SureColor T5170M accommodate rolls and cut sheets up to 24- and 36-in.-wide, respectively; the auto-sheet feeder accommodates sheets up to 11 x 17-in.
- Easy to Operate with Robust Standalone Copy Features – Large, intuitive 4.3-in. LCD screen simplifies operation and includes the ability to make copies of large drawings or blueprints directly from the control panel without the need of a computer
- Print & Scan from Virtually Anywhere in Your Home or Office – Easily print from or scan to USB thumb drives, as well as print from tablets, smartphones, and more with integrated wireless plus router-free Wi-Fi Direct printing
- Extreme Print Quality and Precision – PrecisionCore MicroTFP printhead with Precision Droplet Control for outstanding clarity; up to 2,400 dpi printing resolution captures annotations, lines, and image detail with incredible accuracy
- Outstanding Productivity – Change cartridges less often with high-capacity ink cartridges up to 50 ml (color) and 80 ml (Black)
- Enterprise Security Features and Protocol Support – Supports secure PDF printing from PCs and scanning of secure PDFs to USB thumb drives and shared folders, no computer needed.
For more information, visit proimaging.epson.com.
Epson America Adds SureColor T3170M and SureColor T5170M
Enhance your Signs of the Times reading experience by exploring our interactive digital edition. Receive it in your inbox by subscribing online.