2019 Sign Invitational Accepting Applicants
The 2019 Sign Invitational, a competition among sign professionals seeking to demonstrate excellence in the creativity and craft of signmaking, is now open and accepting applicants. Next year's competition will be the fourth to be displayed and judged at the International Sign Association's Sign Expo. The finalists of the 2019 Sign Invitational will be on display for the first time in the Signs of the Times booth (#2135).
There will be two categories for the 2019 competition, with voting and awards for each:
- Category 1) Maximum Size 36 x 36-in., single-sided, wall-to-table / easel-mount sign.
- Category 2) Maximum Size 24 x 24 x 72-in. (L x W x H).
Rules and Deadline
• All contestants are responsible for shipping/delivering their creations to the ISA Expo. The deadline for shipping and arrival to the convention site is TBD. Creations may be hand-delivered to the show as long as they arrive at least one hour before the show opens on Wednesday, April 24 at 9:30 a.m.
• All contestants who enter are required to attend the ISA Expo. A great part about this contest is getting to know each other and learning from each other’s work. In-person competition is a wonderful and powerful motivator.
• Electric/battery power may be integrated into the creation. Motion is allowed. Lighting of all types is allowed.
• Shop name/Designer name are allowed on the entry. One sponsor is allowed per entry. Sponsor area on piece not to exceed 36 sq. in.
• Theme – Time. Take it however you want. The organizers set rules and a theme. The signmaker-contestants are to find creative ways to interpret them.
• The application process has been extended, but still closes on Monday, Dec. 31. Applications should include some sort of concept design for your entry.
• Applications will be reviewed and invitations will be sent out by Friday, Jan. 4, 2019.
As many as five finalists from each category will be on display at the show in Las Vegas from April 24-26, 2018. ISA Expo attendee votes cast at the Signs of the Times booth will determine the winners.
For more information and an application form, click here.
Enhance your Signs of the Times reading experience by exploring our interactive digital edition. Receive it in your inbox by subscribing online.