Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
Construction on Neighborhood 91, the world’s first development to connect all facets of the additive manufacturing/3D printing supply chain into a production neighborhood concept, will begin this year adjacent to the Pittsburgh International Airport. The Neighborhood 91 concept – the name is a reference to Pittsburgh’s
90 neighborhoods – is based on communal capital and will house a complete end-to-end ecosystem offering the following:
- Powder, parts, post-production, testing and analysis
- Communal powder-storage facilities
- Efficiencies in production/post-production and delivery
- Tenants’ clients saving in cost from on-demand printing
- Reduced transportation costs
- Argon, helium and other noble gases, which are critical elements of additive manufacturing, reaching up to 60% of additive manufacturing costs.
Neighborhood 91's location adjacent to the Pittsburgh International Airport.