The 2020 Signshop Competition Now Accepting Entries
The 2020 Signs of the Times Signshop Competition is now open and accepting entries as of May 1 with a deadline for submissions of July 1.
We've continued to refine the contest, this year with only two “divisions” for signshops based on their number of employees. Small shops (1-19 employees) will compete against each other, as will large shops (20 or more employees). Within each division, we offer six categories:
- Best Signshop-Designed and Fabricated Sign, Internally Illuminated
- Best Signshop-Designed and Fabricated Sign, Not Internally Illuminated
- Best Signshop-Designed and Fabricated Vehicle Wrap
- Best Outside-Designed, Signshop-Fabricated Sign, Internally Illuminated
- Best Outside-Designed, Signshop-Fabricated Sign, Not Internally Illuminated (New this year!)
- Best Outside-Designed, Signshop-Fabricated Vehicle Wrap (Also new this year!)
The cost to enter the competition is the same it has been for many years: $10 per project entered, up to a maximum of $75 for 8-12 entries.
Sign companies may enter in every category. Design firms and other "outside" designers wishing to enter their designs to the competition may do so only in the outside-designed categories and must provide complete info about their sign company/fabricator partners within the project descriptions.
Eligible projects must have been completed between September 2019-June 2020. Projects previously covered by Signs of the Times are ineligible.
For questions or concerns, please email Managing Editor email@example.com.
For complete rules, guidelines and the entry form itself, click here.